01 April 2011

We Are Family!

yay for corny titles! Yesterday, while I was spending the greater part of my afternoon wading through a sea of blogs, looking for ones to give the Versatile Blogger Award to, I had a small revelation. That revelation is that we- the bloggers of this world- are like a family! A community, at least. This seems really obvious but for some reason I had never really thought about it before.

Here's how I see it: I'm a blogger, and most of the people who follow me are bloggers. I follow a whole slew of other bloggers. So yeah, there are readers who don't have blogs, but for the most part, readers are bloggers. We all have become immersed in this culture, one way or another, and fallen in love with it. We document our lives, our families, our crafts, our recipes, and we search for like-minded people and take a peek into their lives. We're like a big network, each of us with our own little corner of the universe that stretches out in a whole bunch of other directions through the blogs we follow. We sustain each other! and we should continue to do so.

While picking blogs to give the award to, I wanted to make sure I chose mostly bloggers who have less than 100 followers, like me, because they're the ones who will really appreciate and benefit from the award. And then I got to thinking, why don't I search for new blogs more regularly? There are SO MANY blogs out there about so many different topics, that unless you've got thousands of followers you're pretty much lost in the abyss. We should be helping each other out, actively searching for blogs that interest us and following them if we like what we see! I know blogging is an exceptionally vain activity, but I also think it can be very altruistic if we decide to make it so. I'm sure everyone knows the joy that comes with getting a comment (especially from someone you don't know!) or receiving a new follower. We should give the same joy back. We are a community, we support each other, we should help each other grow.

That's how I see it, at least. It's kind of a comforting image, really, imagining all of us bloggers as one big family :) I encourage you all to go out and find one new blog to follow today! I know I'm going to.

Happy blogging!
Love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment