10 November 2010

So I know I already said this yesterday, but...

I am sooo beat! I've totally been kicking my butt at the gym this week. I feel like every single muscle in my body is tired or sore... but it feels really great, in a weird way. I really need to start going to the gym early in the morning though, because lately I've been going around 6 or 7 at night and then I get home and just want to crawl into my pjs and get into bed and not leave for many, many hours. I think if I go during the morning not only will I be more energized, there will be fewer annoying douchebag guys in there. People who work out early early in the morning are there just to work out and don't care about impressing anyone else... and that's exactly what I want :)

me, incredibly, incredibly tired from all this crazy working out and school stuff. blegh, ready for vacation!!

So Stewart's mom came down yesterday and left today, and as usual when hanging out with members of stewart's family, it was an interesting experience. Not that they aren't all lovely people, but his mom's side of the family are all conservative christians and I'm a liberal who believes that religion doesnt have a 'right' or 'wrong' way to be practiced- a sentiment most of them downright refuse to believe. I'm still perfectly pleasant, but there always seem to be at least one or two instances where I have to hold my tongue and just smile and nod. I'm happy that Stewart turned out the way he did- or else I probably never would have ended up dating him haha.

The whole reason she was down here, though, was to help us check out some houses around Tucson. Stewie and I are hoping to move out of our crappy messy apartments and find a nice, quiet, little house where we can be in more control over how things go down. Stew's mom is thinking of maybe buying a foreclosed 3 or 4 bedroom house that we like and then while we're living there we can rent out the other rooms and pay less on rent ourselves. Or, we might just rent a cheap 1 bedroom on our own. Both sound like good ideas- if we got roommates, stewie and I could interview them and make sure we like them, and if we just live by ourselves I can feel confident that no ridiculous messes are going to be made, rent is going to get paid on time, and I'm not going to have to share the kitchen or living room with anyone else. Besides stewart, of course :)

We basically looked at houses all of today and it was pretty fun seeing them... some of them were ridiculously messed up though! I guess thats what we get for the price range we were looking at... but I'm talking like holes in the walls, decaying exposed floorboard, and trash all over the place. Blegh. I went home feeling like I wanted to take a shower- similar to the feeling you get after rifling through a goodwill outlet store (one of the ones where they don't wash the stuff first, they just roll it out in bins).

A couple looked pretty good though, and as I was looking at the homes (and their fenced in backyards) I got really excited about getting a pet besides my pet beta fish, zia! I would love to have a little puppy or kitty of my own to take care of... although I know it will probably take a lot of time and money to get to a place where I can support one. Still, it's nice to dream.

Well it's getting to be pretty late (haha, 9:20... I'm getting to be such an old fogey), so I think I'm just going to curl up in bed and watch a good show on netflix or hulu... hooray for no class tomorrow!!! I couldn't be happier. Harry Potter weekend, here I come! lol.

Lots of love!!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment