07 February 2011

Movie Mondays: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

 Hey everyone,
today's movie monday is going to be short and sweet because I'm really exhausted right now and I still have homework to do. I went back and forth about whether to use Eternal Sunshine for a movie monday, because I feel like a lot of people have already heard about it/seen it. It's one of my favorite movies though and I'm too tired to try to think of a different movie to do, so ESOTSM it is :)
 I love this movie so much. I can watch it over and over again and I literally never get bored with it. Kate Winslet is hands down one of my favorite actresses, and Jim Carey totally nails this dramatic role. It's so, so good.

The story centers around Joel (Jim Carey), who gets involved with Clementine (Kate Winslet). The two have a somewhat turbulant relationship which ends with a nasty breakup. The next time Joel sees Clem, she appears to have no recollection of who he is.

So, Joel finds out that Clem has gone to this doctor's office that specializes in altering people's memories. Basically, you go to their office, they map out your brain, you go home and throw out everything that reminds you of the person you want to forget, and then you take some sleeping pills and the technicians come to your house in the middle of the night and perform a procedure with lots of wires and computers to erase all your memories of a person from your mind. Crazy, eh?

Joel decides that he's going to get the procedure done too, but halfway through having his memory erased he changes his mind. The majority of the movie is a race through Joel's memories of Clem as he tries to wake up or hold onto a piece of her.

It's a fantastic movie, it really, really is. One of my very favorites. I know I say that every week but seriously, this is probably like top 3 :)

Here's the trailer:



I will say that that trailer doesn't really do the film justice though... For some reason I couldn't find a really good one :( anyways, watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment