05 February 2011

30 Day Challenge- 17

 Day 17 - Your highs and lows of this past year.

This year has been a pretty crazy one! A lot has happened and changed since February 5th, 2010. I had my telethon job at LC, which was ok sometimes and a bummer at other times... My mom and my sis came to visit me (separately) in Portland, both occasions were really wonderful... The last few months of school and packing and being away from my friends and boyfriend in portland were kind of rough, but in retrospect I'm so glad I spent the year up there. I got into the media arts program at u of a which was pretty sweet, I got an awesome job at mama eddas and met some of the most wonderful people ever (ups!)... I had such an amazing summer full of friends and trips and fun... school has been pretty good so far this year, I'm happy to be where I am, although the super ridiculous hot weather was a downer for a bit (and now it's abnormally cold!!)...
September, October, and November seemed to fly by in a whirlwind of school and little trips and holidays here and there... in December I spent a whole month with my family which was so, so, nice. We went to mexico and I absolutely fell in love with the place we were staying. A big downer was that my grandmother fell ill during this time and passed away about a week after we got back, so that was really difficult. On the upside though it meant I got to see a lot of my family that I otherwise wouldn't have seen for quite a while. Now stewie and I are back in tucson living our simple daily lives, and I'm quite happy with where I am. I am so excited for the future, too- greece in june, head chef at the youth retreat in july, being a junior in the fall with only 2 years left till graduation (!!!!!!!!)... It's been a good year, and I think the next one will be just as wonderful :)

<3
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment