14 January 2011

Something new and fun

Good morning lovelies,
I'ts 8 am right now- I woke up an hour ago, made a pot of tea, a bowl of oatmeal for stewie, and cut up an apple for myself. I then ate breakfast in bed before the sun was even up. That's right. I'm one of those early riser folk these days. So far I really like it. It's like there are 24 hours in the day or something and dinner is supposed to happen at 7, not 11. weird. :)

Anyways, today I am going to start a fun little 30 day posting challenge thing that I stole from my friend Mandy over at Smiles Awake You.... I'll go ahead and post the full list of prompts here so that any of you that want to use it for your own blog can do so!

Day 01 - Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

Day 02 - Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
Day 03 - Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 04 - Your views on religion.
Day 05 - A time you thought about ending your own life.
Day 06 - A photo of yourself and write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
Day 07 - Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.
Day 08 - A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.
Day 09 - How you hope your future will be like.
Day 10 – Someone who came into your life unexpected and made an impact.
Day 11 - Put your ipod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.
Day 12 - Bullet your whole day.
Day 13 - Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.
Day 14 – A photo of a cherished memory.
Day 15 - 5 people in your life right now who mean the most.
Day 16 - Your views on mainstream music.
Day 17 - Your highs and lows of this past year.
Day 18 – Something that makes you laugh.
Day 19 - Disrespecting your parents.
Day 20 - How important you think education is.
Day 21 - One of your favorite shows.
Day 22 – Something you want to do before you die.
Day 23 - Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous who you find attractive.
Day 24 – Somewhere you would like to travel.
Day 25 – A photo you took.
Day 26 - What kind of person attracts you.
Day 27 - A problem that you have had.
Day 28 - Something that you miss.
Day 29 - Goals for the next 30 days.
Day 30 - Your highs and lows of this month.
 
Alright. I decided I might as well just get started with day one since I'm here at my computer typing.
Day 01 - Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.
 My boyfriend Stewart and I knew of each other long before we became friends or dated. I had a circle of friends in middle school and early highscool that I left about a semester into my sophomore year- around the same time Stewart joined it. He also shared a math class with my ex-boyfriend during junior year, and everytime my ex and I would walk past him the two of them would say hello. The summer before my senior year of highschool I began to rejoin the (completely transformed) group of friends that I had been friends with several years before. At the time I was kind-of seeing a boy I had befriended through my theatre and choir classes. My summer was basically split- one day I'd be hanging out with my hippie, independent, and sometimes wild old friends and the next day I'd be going to church and having a backyard barbecue with my straight-edge, clean-cut theatre friends. It was pretty confusing.

I don't remember exactly when Stewart and I began hanging out but I do remember one night when he and my friend Alex invited me to hangout at Stewart's older brother's apartment. Stewart would later move into the same apartment, and the apartment would eventually be the place where I (and pretty much all my other friends) spent every not-in-school moment. That summer night, though, Brian (stew's bro) was the only one that lived there and it was just the four of us hanging out. Alex had brought his hookah and brian had bought a 12 pack of newcastle and we basically just sat out on the porch, overlooking downtown prescott and chatting until around 1 in the morning. 

After that night, I started hanging out at the apartment on a regular basis. I developed a crush on stewart that at the time I didn't think was that obvious but apparently it was haha. We didn't get together right away, but some weekend night after drinking a couple beers we would cuddle or hold hands. Eventually he kissed me on one of those nights, and we started dating soon after. For a while it was great but unfortunately highschool-us was not a very good us. We broke up at the end of senior year and I'm so glad we did. Highschool is really a terrible time to try to date someone. How did I ever do it? 

Even though we had broken up, we still had the same friends and hung out at the apartment all through summer (stewart lived there by this time). At first it was awkward but after a few weeks it was fine. I noticed stewart starting to flirt with me,  which made me both amused and apprehensive. We started to spend more time together alone and found that neither of us was the same person we had been just a few months before. We spent the last half of summer in a blissfully happy union... but unfortunately when summer ended I flew off the portland to go to school and we broke up. 

We still wrote back and forth to each other in a pretty notebook that stew had given me before I left, though. Sometimes it was unsettling hearing about what he was doing in prescott and I'm sure he found it unsettling to know about some of the things I was doing in Oregon. When I came back for thanksgiving though we were both extremely happy to see each other, and when I came back two weeks after that for my month-long winter vacation, we ended up getting back together.

During my spring semester stew and I skyped frequently, and on valentines day we opened the presents we had gotten for each other (and mailed) while video chatting. I eventually decided I wanted to transfer to U of A (for numerour reasons, only one of them being the fact that i'd be closer to stewie) and when my semester in portland ended the two of us spent a wonderful 4 month summer together. I got my job at Mama Edda's, he worked at a subway, an we took lots of fun trips to the salt river and california. In august we both moved down to Tucson, where we are now. 

Now we spend almost every second together, and we're constantly talking and laughing. It's been over 2.5 years since we first met, and over 2 years since we first dated. Neither of us is even close to what we were back then, thank goodness. This summer we will be moving in together and hopefully we will continue our happy, wonderful relationship.

Whew, and there you have it- a full account of how stewart and I met and started dating. I'll try to not make the other 30 day posts so long!

Have a lovely Friday everyone!!
<3
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment