12 January 2011

New Beginnings

I am back from Mexico, and had a wonderful, amazing time- to say the least. I will definitely be back in the next day or two with a whole slew of pictures and a more detailed account of how my time there was spent, but for now I just wanted to check in and say hello.

School starts back up tomorrow (with a 9 am class- eek!). It was supposed to begin today but due to the tragedy that happened in the very town I live in just a week ago it was postponed. Obama spoke at my school just a few moment ago- I was going to go see him, but I was on campus at the time and noticed that the line literally curved all the way around the [very, very large] campus. I caught his speech on tv instead and am now spending a nice quiet evening with stew.

While I was in Mexico I bought a very nice, very beautiful, only-found-in-mexico bottle of tequila blanco. Tonight Stewie and I opened it and poured ouselves each a very very small glass for sipping and toasting. We toasted to a new semester, a new year, a new face (stewie shaved off the beard he has had since before I met him today- crazy!!!!), trying new things, and striving for more happiness. We are hopeful that this year will be just as amazing as if not MORE amazing than 2010! I've already met some lovely new friends in a different country so I think that's a great start. I hope to meet plenty more interesting and fun people and- more than anything- truly enjoy these next 12 months.

That's all for now- school tomorrow, grocery shopping, driving my brand (kind of) new subaru outback, and hopefully posting at least one of the posts I've got lined up :)

Hoping your new year has started off on a great foot.

<3
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment