16 January 2011

30 Day Challenge- 03

 Day 03 - Your views on drugs and alcohol.

As far as alcohol goes, I say moderation is key. Recently there have been lots of studies showing that drinking a small amount of alcohol (1 or 2 a day or about 7 a week) is better for you than not drinking at all. I don't like waking up and feeling like crap so I just don't drink a ton. I had my fun a few years ago and now I'm over it.
Also, if one is going to imbibe I feel like you might as well go for the high quality stuff- not only does it taste way better, it is much less harmful to your body.

Ok, onto the marijuana issue.
I have never been that into pot myself, and i really don't like smoking anything so if I were going to use pot I would probably cook it into something haha. That said, I really see no reason why it shouldn't be legal... It is less harmful to your body than alcohol (which is legal). The argument that it impairs the mind and/or body is pointless because alcohol also impairs the mind and body- often more severely. You can die from drinking too much acohol. You would have to smoke about 40 pounds of weed in about 1 hour to die from marijuana. True, it can leave you feeling foggy brained and perhaps kill brain cells, but alcohol does just as much damage and then some.
Anyways, my point is that it's just illogical to allow alcohol to be legal when it can potentially cause so much harm and not allow marijuana to be legal when it causes a significantly smaller amount of harm.
Also, it would probably be excellent for our economy.

Other drugs- I divide the remaining drugs into two categories. The "maybe one time"s and the "never ever"s. The never evers are the drugs that are known for being extremely dangerous, addictive, and life-ruining. Heroin, Cocaine, and Crystal Meth are definitely Never Evers.
The maybe one times are the drugs that one might take once or twice in their life just to have an experience and then be done with it. These drugs are much less dangerous and if you only use them once cause essentially no lasting damage on the mind or body. These drugs include acid, shrooms, and ecstacy.

I feel that drugs should not be something that's habitual or done on a daily or even weekly or monthly basis. If you're going to use them, use them very sparingly and don't be reckless about it.

Oh, and I almost forgot about cigarettes. Cigarettes strike me as pretty much pointless. I don't feel like they're that enjoyable to smoke (they certainly don't taste very good), and they can kill you and harm you in numerous ways. What's the reasoning behind that again? Beats me.

And that's my piece on drugs and alcohol :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment