23 January 2011

30 Day Challenge- 10

Hello darlings,

So, I skipped yesterday's post for a couple reasons- one, because I literally didn't have a speck of free time. I drove up from casa grande to prescott and then spent every minute of the day with either my fam or a friend I hadn't seen in a while. So busy! Stew and I finally got home at 3:30 am and fell asleep within seconds. There was just no time for blogging.

Also, I think that Day 9's post (Day 09 - How you hope your future will be like.) is a bit too much like Day 2's (Day 02- Where you'd like to be in 10 years). I feel like I'd just be telling you the same ol' stuff. Boring! So I decided to not do it and get straight to day 10

Day 10 – Someone who came into your life unexpected and made an impact.
This is a tough one because I don't really know how to define "unexpected". I mean, almost everyone aside from family comes into your life unexpectedly, right? I have so many wonderful friends that I could devote this post to.. so many people that have come into my life and changed it for the better. And then there's stewie of course. It's a very difficult thing to decide. If I had the time, I'd write a post for every lovely person to change my life :) But since I'd like to go to bed in the next couple of hours, I'm going to write about...
...one of my very best friends, Sharney. 

Ney and I met in hghschool. She transfered to my highschool during our junior year and joined showchoir. When you're in showchoir, you're pretty much friends (or sometimes enemies haha) with everyone else in showchior. We did tons of choreographed performances every year so you pretty much get to know every one pretty well. So, sharney and I were friends, but not like... best friends. 

That is, until we took our trip to disneyland in April of that year to perform. When we took a dinner break at a mall somewhere in cali during the drive over, Sharney decided to go buy a swimsuit at Ross. I volunteered to go with her, even though we were supposed to be back on the bus soon. We ran over to ross and frantically searched through the swimsuits... I don't remember if she ended up buying one or not, but I do remember running back to the bus which everyone else was already on, waiting for us. 

After that, we sat next to each other for the rest of the trip. We pretty much confessed our life stories to each other. At the time I had recently broken up with my boyfriend of almost 2 years and there were some girls (who had once been good friends of mine) who were being, for lack of a better description, supreme bitches. Sharney and I spent the whole time in disneyland together and had seriously the BEST time. It was so, so wonderful. From then on, we were pretty much best friends. We've always been there for each other through tough times, we're always supportive of each other's decisions... when senior year came around and we both got fed up with the drama that comes along with showchoir, we kept each other sane.

Neyney is the only friend from showchoir that I ever invited to hang out with my other friends at the old apartment. She lives in Phoenix and I lived in portland and now tucson so we don't get to see each other a ton but when we do we always have a great time. The above pic is from winter break last year. 

I love ney so much. She is such a wonderful, amazing, beautiful person! I hope we remain close friends for forever :)

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment